Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Leadership Training

On Saturday I organized a leadership training for Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC) where I hold a position on the board.

That sounds a lot fancier than it really is.

PWOC is my refuge. This is the only group of women that I have experienced in my short time living in a military community that have welcomed me without once asking who my husband is. It's full of women that want to get to know me. It's refreshing.

This is me and Lou. She's british. She shared my table at the training. Notice how much bigger my head is than hers? My husband teases me about my "big dome". And then I tickle him until he says I have a normal sized head.

It's a beautiful cycle really.


We had a lot of team building exercises, which were a lot of fun. These five ladies are all acting as one finger on a hand.

It's a lot harder having 5 individuals working together than having 5 members of the same body working together.

A good lesson.

Although their result really wasn't bad.

I can't wait for the kickoff of the new PWOC year on Tuesday, September 8th. If you live in the area, please come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a lovely person.