Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dinner Party Leftovers

IMGP2007

This weekend I had a few girls over for dinner. Two of the ladies had just returned from a week in Poland working with teenagers on refurbishing a building. They really needed a hot home cooked meal. I made stuffed artichokes and Nigella Lawson's lemon pasta.

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures during dinner... again. I can't help it! When it comes to artichokes all logic falls by the wayside until I get those cheesy silky leaves scraping across my teeth. I get artichoke vision. It's dangerous.

Nigella's lemony pasta was a perfect compliment. I wanted something starchy to balance the artichoke but nothing too heavy. Perfect.

My twist on Nigella's lemony pasta: Combine 2/3 cup of heavy cream, zest and juice of one lemon, 2 egg yokes, 1/2 cup Granna cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside. Cook pasta al dente in salted water. Strain pasta and save a little of the pasta water. Put 1/2 butter in pasta and let it melt until all the noodles are just shining. Stir in combined ingredients. If pasta seems dry add a little pasta water. Serve with parmesan or granna. Enjoy your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a lovely person.