Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Transumanza: Part the Second

IMG_0718

Finally.  After the bands and the history and the batons and the beer we get to the good stuff: the cows.

IMG_0731

Almost all the cows are wearing these huge bells to announce their arrival.  (As if the huge parade beforehand wasn't enough.)  And for stampede control these men with sticks were walking in front and among the herd to keep them in line.  I'm not even kidding.  These poor babies endured a severe beating if they got out of line.  No trampling of babies or doggies pulling carts full of babies were going to happen.

IMG_0733

Then they just kept on coming until the road was covered in manure.  The people rejoiced.

IMG_0738

As for me, I hightailed it home.  The sky turned from baby blue to threatening gray.  After being soaked during my 5K the day before I wasn't ready to have a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a lovely person.