Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Papa Bear

Today is a very special day in my world. It's my Papa's birthday.

I got my looks, my prematurely graying hair, my straight teeth, my bluntness, my big heart, my knowledge of what love is, my ability to curl my tongue, and my clear skin from him. He taught me how to ride a bike, how to do things well, my self worth, algebra, how to love by loving my mother and caring for his aging father, and how to do what I say I'm going to do all the time, every time.

The world is lucky to have him and so am I.

Happy birthday, Papa Bear.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's such a sweet tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nikki. YOU are a lovely person. You are the most sane person I know. When I really want to talk to somebody with some sense, I try to call you.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete

You are a lovely person.