Sunday, January 10, 2010

New shoes for school

This past week was pretty intense for me because I was working the split shift (which means 0545-0945 then again 1300-1800, rough). So yesterday I woke up at 6 am and felt like I had slept until 11. On my break in the middle of the day I worked on school work, so by the time I got home at 7 my brain was pudding. I was just functioning enough to pour cereal in a bowl then pour myself into bed at 815. I'm not kidding. Last week I was in bed by 815 every night. Wild, I know.

It's given me a lot perspective on the American lifestyle. Work, work, work isn't healthy. I'm going to be very glad to have my quiet mornings again to work on school work and exercise and sip tea. All good productive things. I like to take a little time at the end of everyday to sit and think about my day. What was good. What was wasted. How to change tomorrow. Quiet tea in the morning? Good. Exercise? Good. Watching E! in the morning for 2 hours before work? Waste.

The school work went great, so to reward myself I went shopping:


Please notice the cute head band and adorable Italian sneaks.

That silver stripe is full of sparkles, didn't really come out in the picture. I've been looking for black sneaks for MONTHS. Plus these are velcro, I LOVE velcro. You don't have to waste all that time with tying and re-tying and double knots.

Maybe I'll post some pictures on adventures my new shoes are going to take. I'm so glad to be back to the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a lovely person.