Monday, January 11, 2010

French Milk


French Milk by Lucy Knisley is my first graphic novel. I am so inspired by this book. I am starting to get into art journaling. French Milk is Lucy's journal of her trip to Paris with her mother for 5 weeks. It includes pictures and drawings and explinations. Plus Lucy is kind of a foodie like myself and documents what they eat the whole time, which I love. Some of the reason this book really hit home with me is because I love hearing people's stories. What they did, what it looks like, what they were feeling. Knisley encompassed all of that.
I borrowed this book from the library, but am seriously thinking about buying this book so I can study her sketches and be inspired over and over.
This weekend over President's day I'm going to Paris with Cecilia. After reading French Milk I'm even more excited for my trip. We plan on hitting all of the major tourist attractions one day and the Palace of Versailles the next. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that you can rent golf carts to drive around the grounds of Versailles. I hope it's so. I hope it in my heart of hearts.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this now, and I LOVE IT. Very inspiring indeed. It's going on my keeper shelf.

    ReplyDelete

You are a lovely person.