Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pasta con pepperoni

IMGP1095
I'm not usually a pepper girl. Black pepper? Yes, please! Some heat I can handle, but the taste of peppers themselves? I'll pass. That was until last Sunday when I went to Giovanna's house and she made a peppery cream sauce. It was outstanding.

IMGP1091

Even though I watched as Giovanna prepared the simple dish, I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to create it myself. Since I was preparing it for some friends, I thought something would go wrong. It's just like me to make a dish I've never made to bring to a potluck or serve at a party. Preparing something you KNOW is going to taste good is boring, especially for me since my guinea pig is currently MIA.

IMGP1093

The girls loved it.

IMGP1097

Pasta con pepperoni


1 small onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pint light cream
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound pasta
parmesean cheese (added at table to taste)

Chop onion and peppers. Coat pan with olive oil and add chopped onions and peppers. Let simmer until soft, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile set a pot of water to boil then cook pasta to taste (11 minutes for al dente). Add the salt and pepper and cream while the pasta is cooking and let reduce into a sauce. Once the pasta is finished strain it and add to the sauce. Serve with parmesean cheese and watch the people at the table light up.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I think it looks fantastic. You know how I feel about peppers.
    YOU GO GIRL!
    love from Mama MIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures!! Great Text! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

You are a lovely person.