Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Behind every good man is a good woman. And that woman is Martha Washington.

I've done it. I've taken the plunge. I'm going back to school. I've decided to get my associates in early childhood education. I already have my bachelor's in english. I have been thinking about getting my masters for some time, but I can't commit to a field of study for that massive amount of money.

I also LOVE school. I love it like I love puppies and flowers and writing. I love going to class and getting in discussions about WHAT an author was trying to say when really deep down I think they were just telling a story and people get all nutso after the fact just so they can go to class to get in said discussions. So if I do go for my master's I want to go to class. Talk. Get red marks on my papers from my peers. At this point in my life I don't have a university that can provide me that in a brick and mortar setting like I want. So I'm waiting until I'm 100% committed to spend 50k to go to a room and talk with other people about a book I read. (I really should join a book club.)

Online associates it is.

Hey, military spouses. If there are any of you out there reading this blog I have to let you in on a secret. It's called MyCAA. They give military spouses $6000 for school. It's super easy to apply and get approved. You should do it. They are paying for my school in full. The support that the American community is starting to give to military families is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful, Nikki. I am glad you're going back to school.

    MyCAA sounds like a great program. It's grat that military families are getting more support these days. It's long overdue. Hopefully things will continue to move in a positive direction on that front.

    ReplyDelete

You are a lovely person.