Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Christmas shopping

One thing I miss the most about the States is the clearance, especially after Christmas sales. At least I have the miracle of the internets and the internets have spread their world wide web tendrils to my Macbook. And my Visa.

50% off at Barnes and Noble.

A list, yes?

  • The Shaper the Knife the less You Cry
  • Nigella Express
  • How to Eat
  • The Wilde Women
  • The Prince of Tides
  • Love Walked In
There are two Nigella Lawson books on there. She writes her cookbooks like books to be read, not directions to be followed. Her love for simple, well made food is something that I admire and share.

Plus she's gorgeous.

And my 3 year old nephew saw a picture of her once and said, "It's Nikki!" My aspirations of secretly taking over Nigella's life and making it my own started then.

I've been thinking about new year's resolutions. I just made my deployment goals so new years resolutions for me seem like they'd just be echoing what I've already set out to do. That doesn't mean I'm not making some. I'll keep you posted.

Resolutions for y'all?


2 comments:

  1. I am finally getting around to reading Eat, Pray, Love. At least I borrowed the book from my mom. Now to decide if I abandon Julie & Julia to read EPL or if I wait until I finish that one first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sales! I've hit up a few myself, though nothing book-related, unfortunately. Got a heck of a deal at Bath & Body Works, though! :) Happy holidays and new year, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete

You are a lovely person.