Wednesday, July 28, 2010

German one-stop-shop

IMG_0408

Bloggers, I've been someplace magical.  A place where all the sights of Berlin are in one place and are delicious. A place that isn't pretentious by having a red carpet leading up to it. They deserve that carpet.

IMG_0409

Fassbender & Rausch is on the corner of a beautiful square in Berlin. On the bottom floor is a chocolate shop and upstairs is a hot chocolate cafe. It's like a place from my dreams, Bloggers.

IMG_0411

All of the great buildings of Berlin are here and made entirely out of chocolate.

IMG_0412

I'm not usually one to watch a foreign film and shout out during the whole movie, "I've been there!" Because I know that if I did that none of the other people watching the movie would want to be my friends. The words were already half way out of my mouth before I realized I was saying them when I entered this shop. Maybe because I had just seen half of these sights that very same morning.

IMG_0410

I need friends in my life. Reasons: I live 4,000 miles away from my closest family member. I don't readily speak the language in the country which I live. I am a military spouse and therefore living by myself 94% of the time. If I get a flat tire, I want to have someone to call. I want to be one of the cool kids.

Onwardly...

IMG_0413

One of the coolest things about this shop is that the chocolate is really affordable. I got 5 truffles and 2 chocolate covered figs all for a smidgen over 3 euros.

IMG_0422

I obviously didn't get the camera out fast enough to capture all five truffles on film. It's a danger to be aware of, disappearing truffles.

THE coolest thing about this shop? Two words: chocolate volcano.

IMG_0415

This thing was ERUPTING. I tried desperately to get a picture while the chocolate was shooting out the top but I just wasn't fast enough. But don't take my word for it. Go to Germany. Go to Berlin. Go to Fassbender & Rausch. See the glory.

1 comment:

You are a lovely person.