Monday, October 25, 2010

Advice please!


Ok, so.

I think I might have found a new goal, but I don't know if I'm being over ambitious.  There is a Verona marathon in February that I want to participate in.  Now don't get too crazy, I'm going to run the marathon.  They are offering a half marathon as well.  

That's 13.1 miles.  More than quadruple my huge goal I just accomplished last month.

It's going to take a lot of hard work.  No one is disputing that.  But, I do have more than 4 months to work toward this goal.  That's something, right? 

Please, if you know anything about running tell me now if I'm being an over anxious beginner or if I really have a shot at finishing this thing.  I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a 10k, which would have been my next race or preference.  Maybe if I find one I can get rid of this crazy idea.

I was checking out Runner's World online and they had a training schedule for half marathons for beginners.  It was an 8 week schedule.  Surely I can stretch that over double the time for a slow increase to what I want to accomplish?  This way there's no injuries or heartache over a missed run.  

I'm not going to lie, when I saw that in week 1 I'd be running 19-21 miles instead of my usual 6-10 I had a little panic attack.  But as soon as I calmed down and stopped hyperventilating I realized I had more time than the average bear.

Here I go, getting excited again.  

Bloggers, either talk me off the ledge or encourage me to take the leap.  I'd love your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a lovely person.